Wyn is the co-author of a new book on entrepreneurship, The Purpose Is Profit: The Truth about Starting and Building Your Own Business, with Ed McLaughlin and Paul McLaughlin.
Here’s a little bit about the book:
It took Ed years of struggling to come up with the right business to start before he took the leap from his high-level corporate position into the life of an entrepreneur. McLaughlin bootstrapped his new company, United Systems Integrators Corporation (USI), into an Inc. 500 company and later sold it to a Fortune 100 corporation. (FYI, I nominated him for E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and he won).
Each chapter combines a portion of Ed’s entrepreneurial journey with the tools and processes aspiring entrepreneurs need to launch a successful business—including:
- Why distinctive competence trumps passion in selecting the business to build
- Where and when to get funding without losing control
- How to build an entrepreneurial brand that lasts
- Why profit should be factored into every business decision
- How ethical behavior breeds trust and unlocks profit
As a special feature, the appendix includes two essential manuals: The Startup Roadmap and The Startup Funding Guide.
You get a story and the tools you need all in one. The Purpose is Profit was the #1 New Release on Amazon in the New Business Enterprise category. A columnist for Entrepreneur.com said, “Here’s a book every entrepreneur needs to read.” Get Abstract gave The Purpose Is Profit a 9 out of 10 rating.
Here’s how Wyn can work with you:
- Consult on your business plan to ensure that it answers the questions investors ask most often.
- Craft or edit your plan or pitch.
- Plan and execute entrepreneurial marketing plans.
- Advise on Social Media.
I’ve been working with entrepreneurs and small business owners for over 25 years and have loved every minute. I’ve also been a freelance writer for 30+ years.
Learn more about my approach to business planning at www.upstartbusinessplanning.com.
Contact Wyn at email@example.com.
Photo “Skate City” by Drew Lydecker (c) 2009